Janome Walking Foot
Buy for only 42.99 from a Janome dealer, Choosing a Janome Even Feed Walking foot for your beloved machine is easier than you may think.
Janome split their feet and accessories into 4 different categories,
Janome Category A walking foot
This category is for low shank machines with an under loading bobbin case, this is where you remove your accessory tray and place your bobbin into a metal case on the underside of the machine.
Janome Category B
This is the most common category with the most machines, Category B is for top loading machines where you remove a small window on your needle plate and lie your bobbin flat inside your bobbin case. This category is also for low shank machines.
This is a Category B walking foot pictured with a top loading machine.
Janome open toe walking foot cat b
Janome Category C
These machines are also usually top loading bobbins but have a higher shank.
Buy Janome Even feed & Convertible Even Feed Cat C Feet
Janome Category D - (New 9mm Zig Zag Machines, Memory Craft, Horizon, Atelier)
Known as Dual Feed/Acufeed Foot for Cat.D Machines
- Dual Feed Acufeed - single (VD)
- Dual Feed Acufeed - Twin (AD)
- Dual Feed Acufeed Holder (Single)
- Dual Feed Acufeed Holder (Twin)
- Duel Feed Acufeed Quilt Piecing (1/4 inch Seam) Foot - Twin (OD)
- Dual Feed Acufeed Zipper Foot - Single (ED)
Fitting A Janome Even Feed/Walking Foot
This is a very simple task, we often get told by customers they don't use it because they can't fit it; well lets solve this problem.. Now!
- As above get the correct foot for your machine and not a cheap one off eBay etc.
- Unscrew & Remove your Shank/leg (the bit that attaches your janome presser feet)
- make sure the arm that makes the foot moves is above your needle bar (the screw that you fasten in your needle)
- Screw on the walking foot using the same screw you undid before.
- Start to Quilt ....