Sewing Machine Service & Repairs
Where is our sewing shop? - More info
Unit 5 Station road Business Park
About our repair service
- Service - £55.00 drop it off with us.
- Repair - £70.00 (Excludes major parts, Gears, Replacement foot controls, bobbin cases etc)
- Postal Service - Due to weight and damage by postal service, we will no longer offer this service unless you have all original packaging to protect your machine.
All Machines Bought from us get £15 off our usual service cost.
We are the local Authorised Dealer & Repair Centre for BROTHER, SINGER, HUSQVARNA, JANOME, PFAFF, ELNA, BABY LOCK & JUKI for the below Areas.
- Bishop Auckland - 8 Miles
- Barnard Castle - 12 Miles
- Chester-le-Street - 20 Miles
- Darlington - In Town Centre
- Durham City - 14 miles
- Gateshead - 25 Miles
- Guisborough - 15 Miles
- Great Ayton - 14 Miles
- Harrogate - 45 Miles
- Hartlepool -
- Hawes -
- Knaresborough -
- Layburne -
- Middlesbourgh- 13 Miles (Sorry we no longer have a shop in Middlesboro)
- Norton -
- Northallerton - Visit us on market day or pop in to our shop
- Nunthorpe -
- Ormsby -
- Richmond -
- Ripon -
- Spennymoor -
- Stockton - 6 Miles
- Stokesley -
- Thirsk - Visit us on market day or pop in to our shop
- Thornaby-on-tees - 6 Miles
- Whitby -
- Washington - 24 Miles
- Yarm - 8 Miles
But if you are too far away we do stock most things you would need.
need to find out how to re time or service your own sewing machine buy a repair manual.
Sewing machine Manuals & Instructions
there may not be a mechanical fault just a user error;) buy a replacement sewing machine manual for best practice
Gears, Cogs & Cams
Generally a very tricky job, we would recommend you using a professional, instead of fitting these sewing machine parts yourself
Replacement Foot Controls and Pedal's
we carry a wide range, if your machine is running by its self it is generally the 'sewing machine foot' time for a new one.
these parts get damaged very easily by damaged/blunt & bent needles, when sewing thick fabrics etc. a fine file will rub out any marks and stop some common forms of mystery thread snaps, ideally you can replace your needle plate for optimal performance.
they come in all shapes and sizes, generally an old sewing machine motor belt is the cause of slipping or the machine going slow. it also quickly leeds to burning out the motor.
Sewing Machine Needles
one of the most common causes of damage to a sewing machine is incorrect or blunt needles. they don't sew correctly and cause undue stress on the components, dramatically reducing its lifespan. Replace your sewing machine needle every 2 hours of sewing.
- Note all Domestic Sewing Machines take a flat sided needle,
- The best Needles are still the Singer Sewing Machine Needles for use on all makes of machines
- Cheep Needles & Fake ebay needles cause damage (Singer needles come in red packets no longer in Yellow, they changed when the berlin wall came down as they were made in west Germany!)
Generaly, tension problems are caused by cheep thread intended for overlockers not sewing machines, try some gutermann thread, if you still have a problem, its time for a service.